ACC2441-DCC Accurascale OO Gauge 68646 - Late BR J68 - Plain Black - DCC Sound Fitted
BR J68 68646 – BR Black Late Crest
BR J68 68646 was built in September 1912, part of the first batch of A.J Hill’s improved C72 Class, the final development of Holden’s 0-6-0T classes. First numbered as 50 under the GER, then 7050 under the LNER, 68646 spent its life working the ‘classic’ Buckjumper suburban services out of Stratford shed; firstly, on the Enfield Town and Chingford ‘Jazz’ services and then in places such as North Woolwich, Palace Gates and Blackheath. 68646 was, along with 68649, the only J68 to receive the ‘late’ British Railways crest.
Specification and Features
• Scale length of 110.66mm over headstocks, 36mm across body.
• Minimum Radius Operation: 438mm (2nd radius set-track).
• Die-cast metal chassis and boiler.
• Factory fitted brake rigging.
• All wheel pickup, DCC ready with stay alive arrangement.
• Scale width wire handrails and sand pipes.
• Fully detailed cab area, with easily removable roof, fixed by magnets.
• Fully detailed bunker area.
• Moveable roof ventilator.
• Eroded metal/plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, buffer pipework, lamp irons etc.
• Brass turned whistles/valves fitted.
• Etched metal pre-painted numberplates and plaques (where applicable).
• Fully sprung metal buffers, factory-installed pipework, and screw couplings.
• Accurate liveries including fully lined where applicable, and detailed crests/emblems.
• Magnetically removable smoke box door for access to decoder.
• Small, flexible neck NEM compliant coupler mounts set at correct height, with mini-tension-lock couplers.
• Next18 DCC ready (to suit ESU LokSound V5 Micro, or similar), slot mounted in smokebox.
• Factory installed DCC Sound option, with two quality sugarcube speakers contained in sound capsules located for best possible sound, in the side tanks (DCC Sound models only).
• Flickering/steady Firebox glow (depending on DCC fitting).
• Large coreless motor, for a haulage capacity of not less than 1kg, from a standing start, on a 3% incline.
• Helical gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running.
• Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale maximum top speed of 50 mph (80 kmh).
|DCC Ready||DCC Sound Fitted|
|Era (Period of operation)||Era 2 (1870-1922)|
|Scale||OO Gauge (1:76 Scale)|