ACC2434 Accurascale OO Gauge 68535 - BR J67 - Plain Black, with Early Emblem
BR J69 68535 – BR Black Early Crest
BR J69 68535 was from the same 1892 batch as No. 359, being originally numbered as 358 under the GER and 7358 under the LNER and was also rebuilt as R24r in 1904. Along with 19 other J69 locomotives, 7358 was transferred to the Scottish Area during 1927/28 and while 11 of those locomotives were returned to the South between 1944 and 1952, the now renumbered 68535 remained in Scotland allocated to Dundee Shed 32B, until withdrawal in August 1959.
Specification and Features
• Scale length of 110.66mm over headstocks, 36mm across body.
• Minimum Radius Operation: 438mm (2nd radius set-track).
• Die-cast metal chassis and boiler.
• Factory fitted brake rigging.
• All wheel pickup, DCC ready with stay alive arrangement.
• Scale width wire handrails and sand pipes.
• Fully detailed cab area, with easily removable roof, fixed by magnets.
• Fully detailed bunker area.
• Moveable roof ventilator.
• Eroded metal/plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, buffer pipework, lamp irons etc.
• Brass turned whistles/valves fitted.
• Etched metal pre-painted numberplates and plaques (where applicable).
• Fully sprung metal buffers, factory-installed pipework, and screw couplings.
• Accurate liveries including fully lined where applicable, and detailed crests/emblems.
• Magnetically removable smoke box door for access to decoder.
• Small, flexible neck NEM compliant coupler mounts set at correct height, with mini-tension-lock couplers.
• Next18 DCC ready (to suit ESU LokSound V5 Micro, or similar), slot mounted in smokebox.
• Factory installed DCC Sound option, with two quality sugarcube speakers contained in sound capsules located for best possible sound, in the side tanks (DCC Sound models only).
• Flickering/steady Firebox glow (depending on DCC fitting).
• Large coreless motor, for a haulage capacity of not less than 1kg, from a standing start, on a 3% incline.
• Helical gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running.
• Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale maximum top speed of 50 mph (80 kmh).
|DCC Ready||Yes (Next 18)|
|Era (Period of operation)||Era 2 (1870-1922)|
|Scale||OO Gauge (1:76 Scale)|